Monday, July 31, 2023

Vacation 2023

Hello and welcome.

The family vacation has past and it is now time to get back to the daily grind. The trip ended in success and I was able to set my current life struggles aside enough to enjoy some much needed time away. I must preface the following by admitting I am not a photographer. The pictures below were taken on my cell phone and do not completely depict the beauty of the Ouachita Mountains in Western Arkansas but it will give you a general idea. No rain threatened at any time during our week long stay. The mornings were hazy but as the day progressed, the clouds would dissipate, letting through a clear blue sky with little cloud cover.

The view from my deck.

The picture above was the view I would take in every day upon waking up. I would sit on the deck most mornings to simply breathe in fresh air and surround myself with the pristine beauty of the area. During these moments, I was able to sit quietly and meditate. There was very little noise. I found that aspect of the area most pleasing.


Thursday, we rented a pontoon and cruised Lake Balboa in The Village. From my understanding, Balboa is the largest man-made lake in the area. Again, blue skies, very few clouds and intense heat. It was pushing 100 degrees on this day.


The golf courses in the community are spectacular. I played four courses throughout the week and not one hole laid flat. The picture above does not tell you the entire story. You would need to see it with your own eyes. My daughter, who is not a golfer, enjoyed the views. She rode along with us on two occasions. She has a keen eye and takes beautiful pictures. A talented photographer in her own right, she enjoyed snapping action shots of us all while taking our swings.


Friday, our last day before the long trip home, we visited Hot Springs. We stayed in The Village most nights but decided to take a ride thirty minutes south to town. The mural above caught my eye. It was the last picture I would take on the trip.

I have settled back into normal mode already. I miss the area and hope to visit again. Every one of us has a place that feels right when we are there. This little bit in Arkansas is mine. But like most good things, it came to an end, at least for now.

I hope that this finds you well. I know it is not much but I wanted to at least share a couple things.

Take care y'all!



2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

This time of year, Arkansas heat is brutal. But glad you got away and relaxed. Your view was spectacular.

ib said...

Alex, it is always nice to hear from you. Hope all is well. The natural beauty in Hot Springs Village is truly a blessing. Much different than that of the flat Indiana landscape. For me, there is a world of inspiration to be had there. I look forward to visiting again.