Thursday, June 08, 2023

Insecure Writers Support Group - June 7, 2023


Hello all and welcome.
Thanks to Alex for accepting me into IWSG. I will admit first, I am no writer. I do not have any published pieces and I doubt my ideas at every turn. I am educated but not in the vein of literature, writing, storytelling, etc. I am a technical mind. I post for my own mental health. My hope is that I can touch someone else caught in the throws of mental illness. Maybe even allow them to see that life always has a silver lining, regardless of their current circumstances. I have kicked ideas around in the past pertaining to a short story but I simply cannot get it off of the ground. My hope is that I will find motivation reading the stories of those that are part of this group and with that, become more determined to finish what I started.

Before I proceed, I would like to reintroduce myself.
The name is Nate. I began this blog many years ago and used it as a safe place to dump my mental baggage. After a couple years of posting frequently, I got lost in myself and stopped posting all together.
I will not bore you with the details here but if you feel so inclined, you can catch up by checking out a few posts. I have deleted all of the old material and redesigned this new incarnation of the page in hopes of experiencing a new beginning. I will likely be rehashing some of the older material but with an added twist.

June 7 question - If you ever did stop writing, what would you replace it with?

It was not long ago. I remember it well. I spent a good deal of time golfing and spending time with family and friends. I would look in from time to time but couldn't bring myself to post. I have experienced a great many things over the years and that is the reasoning for my return. I have more resolve and hope to post on a regular basis. I also want to finish something that I started long ago. I began writing what would be considered a "short story" entitled The War West. I lost focus and dumped the idea but have since found new motivation. It is still in it's infancy and I am currently all over the board with where it is going but as the ideas swirl, I find a little bit of footing here and there. I will be looking in on as many blogs as I can that pertain to this group for inspiration, so my hope is to find new relationships and support those who have published pieces already. Reading is a new found joy and I look forward to immersing myself in the triumphs of others. Maybe, if things come together, I can finally finish my story.

As always, I'll leave you with a musical ending. Music and writing alike can stir so much emotion and quite frankly, I have forgotten how important they are to me. I am beginning to reacquaint myself to those things that I had lost track of so long ago. I thank you for your time if you happen along this page. Be well and live happily.

Hanginaround - Counting Crows




10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Nate, glad that short story has resurfaced and inspired you. We welcome you to the group and hope we can also inspire you.

Sandra Cox said...

Welcome and much luck with the short story:)

ib said...

Alex, again, I must thank you for tuning in. I appreciated you long ago and it continues. My hope is that I can finally break the cycle of frustration and get this thing done.

Sandra, I thank you for the encouragement. I will be visiting you soon. I love writing, as it is my release. I doubt that I am equal to the caliber of many that have joined this group but I believe all the same.

Shilpa Gupte said...

Welcome to the group, Nate. I am sure you will find loads of inspiration here, just as I did, and soon you will have that short story on its way into the world.

C.D. Gallant-King said...

Welcome back! We all have our hardships and issues, but it's a good space to share and hang-out. :-)

ib said...

Shilpa, thank you for stopping in. I don't doubt that there is much inspiration to be had here and look forward to sharing my thoughts. When time allows, I will be making the rounds.

CD, thank you for stopping in. I look forward to sharing ideas and thoughts with other like minded people. Take care.

Pat Hatt said...

Life sure has a way of piling up indeed. Just have to keep plugging away and find enjoyment where we can. Hopefully you'll find the want to finish your short story too.

ib said...

Pat, thanks for stopping in. Life can be difficult at times but I try not to take it for granted. I look forward to sharing in the future. Take care.

cleemckenzie said...

Well, here's to mental health! That's a prefect reason for writing anything.

ib said...

cleemckenzie, I'll salude you here. Thanks for stopping in. Be well!