Thursday, November 02, 2023

Insecure Writers Support Group - November 1, 2023

 


Once again, we find ourselves offering support to those of us that put our words and thoughts out there for the world to see. It's IWSG time again and I cannot begin without thanking our ninja captain extraordinaire, Alex J Cavanaugh for starting this group.

The co-hosts for the November 1st posting on IWSG are PJ Colando, Jean Davis, Lisa Buie Collard and Diedra Knight.

Cast your doubts and fears aside! Unbelievable support and guidance can be found write (See what I did there) here when joining this group.

Today's Question: November is National Novel Writing Month! Have you ever participated? If not, why not?

I'll be honest. I was unaware that November was National Novel Writing Month. I had to search it out after seeing the question for this installment of our group. Needless to say, I will most likely be joining.
Surrounding myself with more tools and writers cannot be a bad thing. I am an infant in this game and doubt myself at every turn but I have forced pen to paper or fingers on the keys, I suppose, to keep pushing on. My goal is to post something once a week on Habitual Hobbit but I normally fall woefully short. It is not because I don't want to, I just want to post bits that mean something, whether it is for my own spewing or not.

Anyone that happens to read this post, I would like to know more about NaNoWriMo so shoot me an email or add your thoughts in comment form.


3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good for you! Jump in and write like crazy.

Emma said...

I know I'm commenting a little late, but kudos for jumping right into NaNo! NaNo is for all types of writers, even those of us who aren't as aggressive as some of our cohorts. I would love to commit to it full-on someday. That day is not today.

ib said...

Alex, I decided not to jump in to NaNo this year. Still trying to organize and research. I have several posts in the works and look forward to making them public soon.

Emma, I decided not to get involved this year. Planning on giving it a go in the future though. I need to commit fully and was not prepared to do so now. Thanks for taking the time to stop in. Be well!