Thursday, July 06, 2023

Insecure Writer's Support Group - July 5, 2023

 


I wanted to begin by extending a thank you to Alex and all of the co-hosts for supporting us all. I appreciate the words of encouragement from each of you that have taken the time to stop in and join me in this journey. I have learned a great many things by simply reading posts from some of you that are a part of this group. I have not made all of the rounds yet but plan to as soon as time permits.

It has been a minute since I have posted and for that, I apologize. Life has been busy. So many things going on and what seems to be so little time. I'll be traveling this weekend but wanted to at least partake in the Insecure Writer's Support Group blog hop before I ventured out.

I'll fill you all in with the happenings lately but it will have to wait for a few more days.

July 5th question - 99% of my story ideas come from dreams. Where do yours come from?

Most of the Habitual Hobbit is centered around life. I like to share my trials, as it is therapeutic for me to do so. My hope is that someone will read this and see that life, even through the struggle, can be beautiful. I have not seen much beauty lately but I know it is only a matter of time before things start looking up. I have decided that quite simply, I cannot do this life alone. It takes a village. My family has been such a blessing. They are always whispering in my ear. Reassuring me that I have so much to look forward to and, it is starting to soak in.

I am starting from scratch again. I am finding my way back into a relationship with God. I have rekindled my love for the truth that can be found by studying The Gospels. All else is temporary.

As far as my story idea? That came to me in a dream. I remember it vividly. A couple of hours of rest supplied me with so many ideas. I simply could not keep up with my own thoughts. On occasion, I remember something that I believed was long forgotten and I quickly jot it down in an attempt to go back to it at some point, where it will hopefully fit into the story. If, that is, I can get it off of the ground!

I hope this finds you well. Thanks for stopping in.

Shalom



4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Then count your family as the beauty in your life right now!

ib said...

Alex, that is truth. I have leaned on them during this trial and will continue to do so. Again, thanks for stopping in. You are appreciated kind sir.

authorjessa said...

I hope things start to slow down for you. I have independence issues and a lot of times it's really hard for me to ask for help. Thank you for reminding me of the wonderful gift that is family.

ib said...

Jessa, I would simply be lost without my family. They have been encouraging me at every turn. I have lost many things lately but with that, I have regained a great many things also. I appreciate you stopping in.