Friday, April 19, 2024

"C" is for Cloned - A to Z 2024

 


An Idiot's Guide to Randomness.

"Love makes your soul crawl out of its hiding place." - Zora Neale Hurston

A poem, written October 1997.

Cloned

My love,
I see your soul,
I see your wisdom,
I see your God,
I see all of you.

My love,
I feel your warmth,
I feel your passion,
I feel your pain,
I feel all of you.

When I am in you, I feel your soul.
I urge a caress from your heart.
Warm and suspended, you hover over me.

Can you fly?

Wings spread in a feathered dream.
Soft whispers from your lips gently push me under your body.

Wounded and helpless, I fall to you, begging for your touch, never ending.

Support my heart,
Stroke me,
Hold me,
Hurt me,
Tease me,
Be me.

Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Follow You Into the Dark



2 comments:

Erin Penn said...

Can you fly? - what a question to ask someone in a poem. My heart, my soul, my mind, or my body. What do I need to take to the skies and what will I need to leave behind?

ib said...

Erin, thanks for stopping by. I enjoy receiving feedback from other creatives. We will take nothing with us. If we touch others while we are here, the memory of who we were will live on, far after our days are done.