Wednesday, March 20, 2024

A to Z Challenge 2024, Theme Reveal

 


I know it's a couple of days late but late is better than never!

I'll begin by introducing myself and by providing a brief summation of my story.

My name is Nate, also known as ib (Idiot Box).

Circa 2012, this blog was created to shed light on the negative stigma of mental illness and my struggles with obsessive thinking and anxiety. I had posted regularly for approximately two/three years but lost my way. After a long hiatus, I returned to the scene and started dumping my baggage on this site for the world to see, yet again. Previously, I posted on others' blogs as a guest and took part in several hops and challenges. One challenge that I enjoyed back then was the A to Z Challenge. After so many years of being silent and after enduring some major life changes, I decided to enter the fray again. Upon my return, I realized that I enjoy writing and even more so, I enjoy being involved with other creatives and offering up support when they are experiencing their own trials and tribulations. So, here I am. Free of obsessive thinking and anxiety and ready for what's to come.

I have completely removed all of the older material and redesigned the page to incorporate a fresh start.

My theme for 2024 is admittingly different and will be entitled "An Idiot's Guide to Randomness".

Currently, life is busy and even after two months of brainstorming, I couldn't nail down a theme for the 2024 A to Z Challenge on my own, so I took to Google. (I don't put stock in AI but needed help and Google is always right, RIGHT?) After sifting through several possibilities, I found that there wasn't one that I would be able to commit twenty-six posts to in the span of one month so instead of waiting for inspiration, I made an executive decision and will let chance decide.

Enter Random Word Generator!

For each letter of the alphabet, I will  generate five words and from those, choose the juiciest one supplied and post something pertaining to it. I may tell a related personal story or a completely random  something or other but THERE WILL BE A POST!

Let the shenanigans begin!




10 comments:

Pearson Report said...

I like your theme, and your restructuring of your blog. I also have been absent from blogging for a few years and cleaning house is a job.

On a side note - I tried to "follow" but it appears I don't have "permission to follow this blog".
In the meantime, happy blogging, Jenny

ib said...

Jenny?? Is that you?? Welcome back. I picked it back up in May 2023 and am just starting to hit my stride. Not sure why you can't follow but I will get to the bottom of this travesty. It's good hear from you friend!

Pearson Report said...

Hi ib - good news, I was able to follow. Yay! I don't know what happened there. I've been busy cleaning up my blog - gosh, it needed a bit of work to get it up and running and I ended up changing my icon photo, after that it seemed to work. So strange.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Well, why not? It will be a surprise every day for all involved.

ib said...

Jenny, I believe the reason why you couldn't follow is because I cleared seventy something followers after I checked to see if they had posted recently. You were blocked and I was able to figure out how to unblock you. Glad your back!

Alex, appreciate you stopping in, every time. I'll come out of my shell a bit during this A to Z. I have things to say! Depending on the word generated, you may find yourself going down the rabbit hole a bit more than you expected.

ib said...

Chaos, that's what I will call for now. Thanks for stopping in and welcome back! I took a nine year hiatus and decided to make another run at it. Good luck to you in the upcoming A to Z. I'll tune in and see what you have to say.

JazzFeathers said...

It'll be great, I'm sure of it :-)
https://theoldshelter.com/the-lost-generation-introduction/

ib said...

Jazz, thanks for stopping in and although I don't agree with "great" (LOL), I'll do my best to craft some interesting fodder. I'll look you up!

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Oh, this will be fun. I am really looking forward to it.
--
Tim Brannan | The Other Side A to Z of Dungeons & Dragons
https://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

ib said...

Tim, thanks for stopping in. I hope that I can provide something of interest. I guess we shall see?