Monday, July 15, 2013

July 3rd & July 15, 2013


July 15, 2013

Do a good deed for someone and tell us about it. Or, tell us a good deed that was done for you.

One morning, my daughter and I were on the way to church when we saw an elderly lady walking along the sidewalk. She was moving a little faster than her cane would allow and she toppled over. As I witnessed this, I also noticed the cars as they whipped by, not even slowing down to see if she was alright. I had reservations about pulling over because my daughter was in the backseat of my car and the last thing that I want to do is jeopardize her well being but I could not get the thought out of my head, that this old lady needed to be somewhere and she was most likely, not going to make it there unless I helped. So, I pulled over and helped her to her feet. It was then that she informed me that she was on her way to a food bank that was going to give her a few weeks worth of groceries for her daughter and granddaughter. The food bank was a good twenty miles away from where she was but she was desperate to get there. I put her in my car and drove her the rest of the way.

July 3, 2013

What was the last movie you saw in the theater?

Despicable Me 2.
I was probably more excited to see this movie than my six year old was. And the minions?!?!?! Don't get me started on how funny those little dudes are. 


1 comment:

Mynx said...

You are a good person and that woman must have been so grateful that you stopped.
I havent seen that movie yet, but it looks like good fun