Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 2nd & 14th, 2013


July 14, 2013

Tell us about your birth marks, scars, tattoos or piercings.

Out of the four things mentioned above, I only sport one. A scar on my forehead. I worked as a landscaper for one summer and punched myself on the forehead with a ball cart. Funny how fast a cart flips forward when you place a one hundred pound tree on it.
Cart falling backwards + 100 lb tree + Cart flinging forward from added weight = Mild concussion and six stitches to the dome piece.

Feeling a bit woozy over here!!!!!!!

July 2, 2013

If you could offer a newborn child one piece of advice, what would it be?

A difficult question to answer because there are so many pitfalls in life that can shake you to your core.
Besides faith, I would share with them the importance of keeping your best friends close and to not discount the little things in life. It has been my experience that the seemingly small and insignificant happenings in my life are the exact things that I remember when I am in the darkest of places.



See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mynx said...

Your scar story had me cringing and very thankful you only earned 6 stitches and not a cracked skull.

Nice to see you back my friend. I have missed you

ib said...

@Mynx Thanks. It feels good to be writing again. Happy you didn't cut me off. I was also thankful that I only got six stitches, as it could have been worse.