Saturday, July 13, 2013

July 1st & 13th, 2013

I came into Paula's July Blog Challenge a touch late so I am going to double/triple dip on the next few posts to catch up. Today, I will start by answering the July 1st question and then skip back to the end of the line and post my reply to the July 13th question. You dig?

July 1, 2013

What are your goals for this month?

My goal for this month is easy. I just want to get through it fairly unscathed. 

I love America, but I cannot stand the 4th of July. It is not because of what it commemorates but instead, the way some choose to celebrate it. For a country chalk full of people that spatter on about their financial woes, they sure as hell do not skimp when it comes to burning away their hard earned dollar on crap that does little more than blow up. My neighbor is this type of individual.
He insists on sending fireworks off into the night sky for weeks before and after the actual day of celebration and it is bothersome, to say the least. Not only do I have a six year old that goes to bed some where's around eight, but after the pretty three second reenactment of "bombs bursting in air", the remnants of the burned out casings then proceed directly downward, onto the roof of my home. 
This year, it went wrongfully awry.
My wife, God bless her soul, is normally a quiet, keep to herself, type of gal but even she has her breaking point and unfortunately for my neighbor, she broke. I first heard the boom shortly after nine, normal fodder for these parts. And then, I heard the shrapnel tatter atop our roof, and then I heard a grunt, and then I heard a door open, and then I heard words from outside that I dare not repeat, and then I heard a door close, and then I saw my beloved standing before me, with anger searing from her eyes. 
Needless to say, loosed fireworks have not been a problem since.
Touche, my love, touche.

July 13, 2013

If you could choose, would you rather be rich or healthy?

It is funny how my answer for this question evolved after pondering it for a while but I am most satisfied with my answer.

I would ultimately choose to be rich.....and healthy, but to stay within the guidelines of this exercise, I will choose good health.

You know the saying, "more money, more problems." Word up G.


See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Al Penwasser said...

My neighbor's 4th of July fireworks drives my dog mental. He whimpers like a mental patient and barks at the wall every time one of those suckers lights off.
Screw July.
Plus it's frikkin' hot.

ib said...

@Al. You and I are alike in many ways my friend.