Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Questions Part 1

I don't have much in the way of a "topic" per say, but feel it necessary to empty my RAMmentals* to avoid hoarding them for a later date and so, this will also act as a disclaimer to protect me from any P.T.S.D. that may result from your reading this.
(This was written before I knew that I had been tagged to answer 11 questions.)

I have been lacking here and feel bad for it but can not obamasize* it and move forward, so my only option is to frodoup* and get something done.

I have been pre-writing posts for the A to Z Challenge because I learned a hard lesson last year, and that is, one should not try to free post for twenty six consecutive days and expect quality crap to surface. Hell, if it was not for a few lovely ladies pushing me forward, I would not have finished the challenge and/or quit blogging entirely but, I digress.

I have been tagged by Caitlin and asked to answer the following questions, so without further ado.....


1. Cadbury Cream Eggs, yes or no?
To the best of my knowledge, I have never eaten a Cadbury egg. As a lad, I always thought that they were real eggs and the creamy goo inside was afterbirth with a little sugar added. Something about that does not scream "yummy goodness" hence, my current take on you savages that eat them like they are candy.

"DIE ALL YE BIRD KILLERS, DIE!"





2. Do you like to do writing prompts or continue with free writing time while editing?

It doesn't matter really. I lean towards prompts I guess, and only because I suffer from (focus loss) quite often and at least with prompts, I have been given direction by somebody else and need not think of it on my own.

3. Where do you spend most of your time writing?
On my Gluteus Maximus. I do not know of anyone who types/writes standing up.

4. If you could be one person for a day, fictional, real, alive, or dead, who would you be?
Ron Jeremy. No, no, no. Just kidding. If your at work, don't Google that name. You might find yourself unemployed or something.
This is a tough one because I often dreamed about being someone else while growing up, but if I had to choose realistically and right now, it would be Dante from The Devil May Cry. There is something about being an almost indestructible force, schooled in the art of plowing through a demon filled castle with a big sword and guns that are named Ebony and Ivory, that really gets me pumped.



5. What's the biggest writing pet peeve that you catch yourself doing?
:) or :( or 8---> or <3

6. Do you prefer to write on the computer or by hand?
Computer. Who writes with a hand? Honestly.


7. Are you as terrified of having to come up with 11 questions for someone else as I was?

Probably not. After I wet myself, it was all downhill from that point on.



8. Do you like to snack while you write, or does it distract you?
I like coffee. If I don't consume mass amounts of coffee, I end up nodding off and waking up to thirty seven pages of this.....
ajfksdlfj;kljdlkas asdjkl;fasdj;klfjasekfj asl;iskdfh;askeiohfisdknhfkasdfklasdjfklasdjfasdkjfasdkjfsdkfjsdkfjasdkjfasdk;fjasdkjfasdkjfsdkjfasdkjfsdkjfasdkfjasdkjfasdkfjsdkfjasdklfjasdklfjasdk;fjasdkfjasdk;fjasdkfjasdkl;fjasdkfjasdkfjasdklfjasdkl;ljeilfjakldjfkasdjf'jltvgjkidfnmasdkaweriofu sedifj mawerjawel;fjwehyfioawehnrjklbhfrwengtjkbwe4juttttiowrgnmjaweroghiwegh'werignaeripvgnjaerhi'
and a drool soaked keyboard.

9. What is the most mundane task that has given you inspiration for writing?
Playing dad to a five year old female, that just so happens to be more mentally advanced than me, now.

10. Why did the chicken cross the road?
To avoid having it's eggs confused with that of a Cadbury egg, you savages

11. Would you rather write well and never be published or write terribly, be published, and beloved my millions? 
Write terribly, be published and beloved by millions, most definitely.........I already have the write terribly part down to a science. All I would have to do is be loved by all of the fans that I have just duped into buying this garbage.

RAMmental - random access memory used to retain meaningless information in the frontal cortex, compiled by and at the dismay of the subject.
Obamasize - the act of promising change and reinforcing positive motivation to the downtrodden, knowing full well that you are promising the impossible.
Frodoup - the act of a motivationally challenged individual pulling up his/her pants and doing something, even if inspiration is lacking.


I will think long and hard on eleven questions to ask seven people and post it next, as I have ran long and do not want your brain to begin hemorrhaging intelligence.



Enhanced by Zemanta

7 comments:

Haven said...

Yay questions. I like that you only go up to 37 pages.

I also can't stand Cadbury Cream Eggs. They're like sugar wrapped in suger with a little sugar on the side. Ick. Waaaaaay too sweet.

Gabi said...

I REALLY like the word RAMmental.

Jennifer said...

As a technology guru I will steal RAMmental as my own....thanks. So this was enjoyable and very funny. Cadbury Eggs are soooooo gross.

Jo-Anne's Rambling said...

I also do not like the Cadbury Cream Eggs they are too sweet and sickly for me.............what else let me think hmmmmmmmmmmm oh yeah I only handwrite letters when my printer is on the blink like now so bloody frustrating...........

Pickleope said...

Aw man, I can't believe the vitriol here for Cadbury Cream eggs! Oh the sugary goodness. They perfectly represent exactly what an Easter Bunny would birth. Yes, I want to eat the discarded candy fetus of an mythic rabbit. I'm the bad guy?
And what about those people who don't write standing or sitting but lay like a teenage girl crafting the perfect Facebook message to Bieber? Don't forget that tried and true method of writing.

ib said...

Haven, I'm glad you like questions.

Gabi, RAMmental is a free use/royalty free word. I just ask that when it is used, you mention me. It is not to be used for monetary gain, unless of course, I also will gain, monetarily.

Jenny, see above. The word is to be used for good, not that of evil.

Jo, my hand starts to spasm at the mere thought of handwriting anything.

Pickle, we find ourselves in a pickle. Cadbury eggs = bad juju. The Easter bunny does not birth these eggs of death. It drops them in your line of site and watches, while you consume the remains. AND,
anyone that writes anything, other than a death threat, to Bieb's doesn't count. Facebook lives only here, in cybergatory. I doubt he even knows how to read hand crafted writings, unless it is written in sans script. Thanks for coming. I have some questions for you to answer.

Not So Simply Single said...

1. Cadbury Cream Eggs, yes or no?
Yes, the peanut butter filled ones if I have to. I prefer See's candy first and foremost.

2. Do you like to do writing prompts or continue with free writing time while editing?

writing prompts, always. I hate editing myself. I actually don't do it. I am waiting for an editor to pop up .... and I am not holding my breath.


3. Where do you spend most of your time writing?
If you could be be one person for a day, fictional, real, alive, or dead, who would you be?

Barbara Walters. I love the interviews she conducts and would love to be able to set up some exciting interviews with extraordinary people.



5. What's the biggest writing pet peeve that you catch yourself doing?
Push the send button without editing my work.

6. Do you prefer to write on the computer or by hand?

Computer. Seriously, longhand is only for my journal.

7. Are you as terrified of having to come up with 11 questions for someone else as I was?

No, because I am not gonna do it...




8. Do you like to snack while you write, or does it distract you?

Snack sometimes. Not all the time. Drink something, like coffee or lemonade or ice tea. Always.

9. What is the most mundane task that has given you inspiration for writing?
Mundane? My guess would be clean the house...

10. Why did the chicken cross the road?
To avoid the crazy driver.

11. Would you rather write well and never be published or write terribly, be published, and beloved my millions?
I am kinda over wanting to be published. I love just writing my blog as an outlet for my emotions...