Monday, February 13, 2012

Genesis of Jeanyus.



Alex J. CavanaughDL Hammons, Matthew McNish, and Katie Mills are hosting the Origins Blogfest and I joined. If I can't motivate myself, I figured that if I keep entering blogfests and contests and what not, I would have to follow through somewhat. In this festival o' blogs, the powers that be want to know the 5 dubs relating to what drove writers to be writers. Although I do not consider myself a writer, I took to it anyway because I so yearn to be cool.


It was an abnormally brisk day on the high seas aboard the Icanta Stayaflote, when I realized my impotency for succeeding at most endeavors was epic and the only thing that I enjoyed, and that allowed me to purge my creative outlet, was to use my abilities as a writer.....

There I was, locked in a dual of deadly wills. I stood there, with only a Dora the Explorer pencil grasped tightly in one hand and a hot pink spiral notebook in the other, staring into the eyes of the beast.....


I heard a shuffling of footsteps in the hallway to my study. Stumbling from behind the solid oak desk, (hand me down) computer desk, I walked blurry eyed, to what I had imagined would no doubt, be a loud wrapping of a child's hand on the door. I only advanced halfway across the room when a white envelope slide from the hall, under the door and into my study. "What was this about?" I muttered while picking up the intrusion from the floor. "A letter, addressed to me?" "This is ill needed tomfoolery. WHO is responsible for this?" I shouted as a swung open the door with force, only to find that no one awaiting for me on the other side.....


Okay, enough of this garbage.

Guys/Gals, I still do not consider myself a writer. I consider myself a guy with a ton of stuff in his head that, if not for this blog, would have imploded long ago. I cannot berate actual writers who excel at the craft and include myself in the same company. That would not be cool and I respect you all too much to go there. I am happy to be nothing more than a bottom feeder in the tank of good writers.

Fare Thee Well.




10 comments:

Mynx said...

I think you are a wonderful entertaining writer. You have me smiling tonight

ib said...

Thanks Mynx. I appreciate your kind words. You and Jenny P. are like my blog moms.

Melissa Sugar said...

I enjoyed your origins post. I am a new follower from the blogfest. I am still trying to make it around to read all the entries. I will back soon to read more. Nice to meet you.

DL Hammons said...

Don't sell yourself short! Sometimes the only difference between someone who writes and somebody who call themself a writer...is saying the words. If you consider writing a craft, and you work hard to improve it, then you are a writer!

This post could someday be considered...your ORIGIN! :)

Pickleope said...

That's not bad at all. I know what you mean about not considering yourself to be a writer. But the simple act of writing something, fiction, non fiction or poetry makes you a writer. Just a different kind of one.

nutschell said...

You're a writer through and through. :)
Great to meet you on this blogfest.

your newest follower,
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Deniz Bevan said...

I think that's a great way of telling your story! We're all swimming in this sea of words :-)

stacey said...

You so should, though.
So, too bad I can't use the cross out text here like in a post... what was the first line of Throw Mama from the Train... 'it was a dark and stormy night'? cross out, switch, trade, try again....???? :)

Pearson Report said...

Down goes the hook, and it drags slowly along the bottom; everyone knows all the good stuff lies quietly, peacefully resting at the bottom...once it come to the top and gets a good polishing it sells for millions.

That's you!

From me, your number one fan...and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Hugs, Jenny @ Pearson Report
Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.
Twitter: @AprilA2Z

Jeremy Bates said...

Thank for sharing your ORIGIN! keep it up.