Thursday, February 02, 2012

Crossroads.

It's the first Wednesday of the month and I have been M.I.A. as of late, so I figured that the best way to break out of my current funk, would be to spill the proverbial beans on a new insecurity.



I happen to be extremely insecure about a number of things, and they are well documented. I am insecure when around devil spawned serpents (i.e. snakes), large groups of drunkards and people that think Justin Bieber is "like, so epic." I was insecure every time I played a gig (which was only a few times, thank God) and looking back, I can honestly say that it was the insecurity that eventually made me quit writing songs. But I had never been insecure when writing or drawing until now. Over the past two years, I have had a blast here in blog land and have met some really cool people along the way, but even after gaining a few followers that have decided to stick around and stay tuned in, I am doubting my ability to effectively communicate in word form and that, my friends, I cannot allow.

Recently, I was surplussed (i.e. laid off by some stingy bastards) by the Deathstar and thus far, have had no luck finding employment so, I did what many writers have done and joined the freelancing market in search of a few extra ends. Big mistake? Maybe. I have had little action so far and don't see that changing much. It has only been two months but along with anxiety and insecurity, I also happen to suffer from a lack of patience. Some of you are probably thinking, "wow, this dude is whacked out" and you are would not be all that far off.




2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's a bummer about your employment status. We have missed you around here though.

Mynx said...

so happy to see you. Been missing you my friend.
Hope the job situation sorts it self soon
Hugs

“Lizard Happy”