Monday, January 23, 2012

Me? Self Deprecating? SHUT THE FRONT DOOR.

I am Jack's red headed step child, a willing suitor for a beating from mine own two hands. If I were to describe myself with a pictorial, it would go something like this.....


It is not what I would like to do in my spare time but often times, it is exactly what I do to myself. Ergo, I have once again, decided to take part in the A to Z challenge for 2012. It will likely do one of two things: inspire me to keep moving on, on the blog scene or, cause me to jump ship and go quietly away.

See, I have been in a funk as of late. Personally, careererally?, bloggingly and spiritually. You name it, it's currently funkdified. It may have something to do with the crappy job market, as I have sent resumes to all four corners of the intrawebs and still find my ass, firmly implanted on this unchallenged chair, without a hint of result. Or maybe it has to do with my failures thus far, when speaking of my "freelance" career?. Whatever it is, it needs to move on so I can get back into the whole, "having a pulse" thing. For those of you that have commented, emailed, etc. They are not going unnoticed and I appreciate the support. I pray that this finds all of you well.



11 comments:

Haven said...

I for one hope you find some inspiration. It's tough finding things to write about all the time.

Jennifer said...

Good luck. I have been MIA myself lately but it's due more to being crazy busy at work. But I am not complaining cause I know I am lucky to have a job. Take Care and if you blog I will read.......just so you know you are being heard.

Mynx said...

Have certainly missed you and Miss Jenny has been very persuasive to the point I think I am going to do the A-Z think myself.

I really hope that things pick up for you in the job department.

My New Blog – “Lizard Happy”

According to Jewels said...

Life happens and funks happen...it is how we lift ourselves out of them that matters. It will happen but don't beat yourself up if it hasn't yet. We'll all be here when you're ready to come back to us. :)

stacey said...

well, i would love to have a job, too (one that's not too hard and pays.... not like being the stay at home mom which i love but damn it i think i should get paid to raise my part of the future)
but the suck ass economy says no to me, too
...
so, life goes on. i blog when i can. i read yours and enjoy it when you post.
hang in there!

Gabi said...

That guy punching himself is kind of hypnotic.
I hope you find inspiration!

Jo-Anne's Rambling said...

Better you then me............lol

Aly K. said...

I pray that things will improve for you. I know that inspiration can and will come to you. We love you here and God loves you, and I believe that things will improve.

stacey said...

I gave you a blog award today, congrats! :)

Margo Kelly said...

I'm new to your blog - visiting from the IWSG! :) Nice to meet you!

Hang in there!! :)

Pearson Report said...

Hi Ib - I'm slow on the uptake, but I'm stopping by to welcome you back to the A to Z Challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us...and there'll be no jumping ship and going away quietly, so just get that wee thought out of your head...okay!!

Sorry you haven't seen me around lately...knee deep in my co-hosting duties (that's what I blame everything on these days)

Hope all is well in your part of the Universe and just letting you know I'm thinking of you.

Cheers, Jenny @ Pearson Report
Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.
Twitter: @AprilA2Z