Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hi !

Hey y'all. It's been a while. And by "while" I mean, like since just after the beginning of time, since I poked in with something. Over the past few weeks I have been looking for a job, running my daughter to school,  picking my daughter up from school, figuring out what to make my daughter for breakfast that she won't eat, running my daughter to and from school and begrudgingly playing the role of 'Ken' while my daughter plays 'Barbie', leaves me with *little time to post anything that would be up to hobbit snuff. But, as somebody from somewhere has said, "the show must go on" so, going on is what I must do.
* little time, defined more accurately: an excuse used by the motivationally challenged.

It would seem that I have more issues than I thought because, as I was reading the above paragraph, I swallowed some coffee and then made the mistake of looking down. There is nothing like hot coffee scalding the throat, only to have travel back out through the nasal orifices.
Moving on.
I have been trying my hand at some freelance work. Thus far, I have had mixed results. I'll share more about this after I am finished with what I am currently working on but for now, check out these little ditty's I have entered into contests over the past few weeks.

First up, Photoshop Cafe is currently holding a contest in which you are to create cover art for a blue ray DVD, and here is my entry:



Deviant Art held the "Seven Sins" contest, where an entrant designed a billboard, using one of the Seven Deadly Sins as a theme. They supplied stock art pictures to incorporate into the picture. (At least three needed to be used.) My entry is as follows:

I did not win anything, but it was fun to do.

And that, is my life in a nutshell, as of late.
I pray that this finds you all well.

4 comments:

stacey said...

My,... that sounds like my life!
Wishing you well in the job searches. Love the freelance work, especially the seven deadly sins.
Nice job!

Pearson Report said...

Hello Ib,

Is that your lovely daughter on the DVD cover?
And I bet you're a pretty cool 'Ken' when you have to be! The things we do for our little girls - I remember being 'Ken' too - and while I'm good with a hammer it was a stretch at times!

It's cool that you step outside the box and enter these contests - you're a winner for just giving them a try! I like the two that you featured here!

Great post, Ib.

Cheers, Jenny @ PEARSON REPORT

Mynx said...

Just wanted to let you know i have moved my blog

Miss you

My New Blog – “Lizard Happy”

NellieVaughn said...

See, this post made me want coffee.