Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Five Things I Think, Tuesday August 30th

Five things I think, is brought to you by....



1. I think that I have endured enough anxiety over the past few days, and it can go away now. Seriously.
It has been a while since my last post. I simply have (not) had much to say. I would like to thank my friends for leaving nice little notes of reassurance concerning the lack of activity and such on Blogger. I find your comments extremely comforting and I appreciate them all.
In the midst of losing my job, my wife gaining employment and me being responsible to take care of  the little lady, the stress associated with said changes has opened up the flood gates for anxiety and the "devil O.C.D."


This Is Your Brain On Anxiety.
And, while today was a remarkably better day the yesterday, I still have residual jitters. I must tell myself constantly, that my daughter is four, not fourteen, and it is normal behavior at her age to ignore daddy, etc. Knowing that has not lessened the frustration yet, but it is a work in never ending progress. I just pray that I am able to get a handle on it before I lose my sanity.


2. For those of you that were directly affected by Irene, I pray that you find your home and possessions unharmed, as it is likely going to be difficult enough, to see the aftermath. And, for families that have suffered the loss of loved ones, I pray that in the coming weeks, you find comfort.


3. I think that it is about time for politicians to simply, SHUT UP. I get disgustipated (whenever) one poops out of their oral fixator, ranting and raving about how he/she would do things better differently. When it gets down to it, you will likely make things worse. Burger King, Taco Bell, McDonald's and Dairy Queen are always looking for summer help and that way, you would still be a field that would allow you to serve us crap on a daily basis.
 4. I'd like to think that I am a decent person, considering the number of horrible decisions that I have made along the way. I am finding it harder as of late, to add my two cents to topics of discussion that I have a passion for. As I am walking a seemingly (unknown path), I am becoming more and more humbled. I am finding that I don't know much of anything, I was never (all that cool) and at times, I am a walking contradiction. (Example, read 3 & then read 4)


5. I think that it is always cool, when you find that a peer has thought enough of you to offer up a good word and some recognition. Jenny at Serendipity's Library, has done just that. Behold........

Liebster Blog Award

And, as we all know, there are rules that come with most awards and they are as follows:

The Liebster Blog Award is given to blogger's with less than 200 followers, all in the spirit of fostering new connections.

 Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
I am not worthy!!!!

Choose 5 bloggers to pass said award on to, with links.
Thank you Jenny. You are a wonderful, attractive, young and vivacious. A woman of endless grace and mercy, having toppled goddess-esq status, along with Jenny at (Pearson Report), Mynx at (Dribble...), Sith Haven at (Asylum Within), goddude's Danger Boy at (Dangerous Leanings) &Vinny C at (As Vinny C's It)
 
Post the award on your blog.
Dun Did It.

Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the internet—other writers.
Currently basking.
I have my aluminium foil hat on as a precautionary measure to block those pesky sun rays from entering my brainal cavity. I have applied 200 SPF, to block those pesky sun rays from turning me into a walking raisen skin and a jock strap to protect my bits from being drop kicked by any jealous passers by.

10 comments:

Vinny C said...

Dude! Thanks! I'm the one who isn't worthy.

I know how it feels having to deal with job loss & all the life changes it can cause. I'm still hopeful that I can find something soon.

Thanks again.

stacey said...

You are so deserving of the award!
I gave you an award and tagged you on mine!
:)
Always love your blog!

Jo-Anne Rambling said...

Well how are you doing today my blog mate, me I have a headache and feel so tired but I will solider on why because I am mum and that's what I do. I hope you are finding the anxiety deflatting and feeling that each and every day is something to look forward to......

Mynx said...

Sweetness I have missed you and am very happy to see you back. Thankyou so much for the lovely award and I shall surely pass it on.

And you totally deserve getting it becasue you rock.

PS you may find at 14 your daughter wont listen to you then either (if she is anything like my son) Just keep breathing and smiling
Oh and try whispering to her. Can work if you want her attention

ib said...

Vinny, job loss does bite. Especially when corporations are involved.

Stacey, thank you dear.

Jo-Anne, it is hard, being somewhat pessimistic in my approach, to look forward to things but I try to.

Mynx, thank you kindly. And I know, not much is going to change so, I should probably just get used to it.

Shanda said...

I am praying for you today that you find a job. I know how hard that is on a man.Congrats on the award. Hope it bring lots of followers!

Arlee Bird said...

My head starts hurting when I think that much. I've been out of work for two years now and that's not good. Oh, my head hurts.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Pearson Report said...

Congratulations ib on receiving the Liebster Blog Award - good call by Jennifer (who secretly wishes to be called Jenny - that's sweet)

Thank you for passing it along to me - I am honoured- big hugs are coming your way.

I will blog about it when I'm out of my self-imposed exile...I'm having too much fun in my rabbit hole, but sooner or later I will have to surface and go grocery shopping!

Cheers, Jenny

Danger Boy said...

Thanks for the Love! Sorry for the lateness of the comment, I was out of town for a bit!

ib said...

Shanda, thank you. You are in my prayers as well.

Arlee, I mean not to hurt your head, but thanks for telling me. I will be more careful in the future.

Jenny, You are most welcome. I will admit that I feel somewhat lost without you, but do stay in your rabbit hole as long as needed.

Danger, thank you, kind sir. Your idea. Thanks for letting me borrow it.