Sunday, July 24, 2011

Centennial Achievement

Today, the Hobbit will step into two new arena's. The first being triple digit postings. That is correct, this post that you now read, is number one hundred, folks, and to mark this little hallmark moment, I have decided to partake in a second first, or, uh...whatever... by asking two of my biggest fans to join me in a "Round Table Discussion," if you will, on several topics that do not garner the attention that they rightly deserve. Please welcome Mynx (Dribble..... & Secret Pleasures) and Jenny (The Pearson Report)

Jenny's answers are in RED.
Mynxy's answers are in BLUE.
















If “pro” is the opposite of “con”, is progress the opposite of congress?

I am guessing this question relates to American politics in some way (some little voice in my head telling me that “congress” contains politicians) but when I first read it, for some reason I thought “pro” as in prostitute and ‘con’ as in conman which kind of go together and have absolutely nothing to do with politics, or maybe they do in some people’s opinions.
I do know that some politicians prostitute themselves (not sexually of course) to win votes at election times, promising favours for votes and then con you into believing that they will actually produce progress.  Which never seems to happen here in Australia without huge amounts of back flips and broken promises followed by huge taxes.

Well if the progress of any political congress is any indication then yes, congress is the opposite.

If Superglue is so good, why doesn't it stick to the inside of the tube?

Ah, I know the answer to this one. Magic!!! 
There is a special glue wizard at the factory that coats the inside of each glue tube with a special spell which stops sticking. Truly

The answer is air...it needs air to do its thing - no air in tube, no sticking.
But, how do I really ‘feel’ about Superglue - that’s the real question here. I’m sure you are more interested in my ‘feelings’, right?
Superglue sucks...I feel since it doesn’t stick to anything in my world I have no expectations for it to do any more in its own environment. I say send it to congress and see if they can make any progress!

If psychic hot lines really employed psychics, wouldn't they call you first?

Absolutely not.  If they called you they couldn’t charge you $9.95 per minute which they know they will suck you into paying. They are psychic enough to know that those that call are gullible enough to not only pay the cash but also hand over their credit card details again and again and again just to be told that their dead dog/husband/cactus is in a better place and wants them to be happy.

I knew you were going to ask this question...

If a chronic liar tells you that he/she is indeed, a chronic liar, do you take them for their word?

I believe everybody, I am gullible like that.  Now where is the phone number to the Psychic hot line, I need to check on Auntie Flo.

Yes, because sooner or later a good liar gets caught up in their own truth.

When does it stop being partly cloudy and start being partly sunny?

Well that depends on what weather channel you listen to.  However if you live in Victoria (Australia) you wait 5 minutes and you get a new season.

Whenever I partly give a damn.

If a fortune cookie has an expiration date, does the fortune inside expire also?

Fortune Cookies expire?  Gee someone better tell my local Chinese restaurant.  Think they have been selling the same batch since 1973.

Big Fat Cat says one year, tops; and I’m not arguing with anybody named Big Fat Cat. As to the fortune inside - BFC advises, “You have to eat the entire cookie, or else. My question is, “What’s the ‘or else’?”

If money doesn't grow on trees then, why do banks have branches?

Good question grasshopper.  Banks call them branches to inspire customer confidence.  After all, if they called them “black holes of doom designed to suck out every last cent in fees” nobody would use them.  Branches make people think of pretty flowers and tweety birds, not vultures in corporate clothing.

Some post Woodstock dude, probably BFC, was hittin’ on his bongo (drum or pipe, either will do for this scenario to work) and thought this sentence up while contemplating why he parks in his driveway and drives on the parkway.
For a more in-depth answer I would need to throw CCR on the turntable and chill a bit...inhale deeply and contemplate the rotation of the planet...this may take a while.


In an attempt to allow your brain the chance to rest, I have decided to cut this little "interview" into three parts. The second part will be posted tomorrow, and the third, well, the third will be Tuesday-ish. I will answer these questions myself, put on a nice, big red bow and allow you all the opportunity to critique my effort. Catch ya all later, and please, if you are not already, click the links to these fine ladies sites and show love. 

26 comments:

Pearson Report said...

Geez...you done me proud!

I look good in red! Love Mynx in blue!
And your new font...good boy ib...mama's proud!

Love it, love it, love it...yes, I'm blushing too!
But all ego aside, damn we girls are good!

I can't wait to read the rest...bear in mind I haven't seen Mynx's work, nor she mine!

Fun!

Big Hugs to you ib!
Jenny

Jewels said...

hahaha. loved this post. Great questions and wonderful answers by Pearson and Mynx! :) Can't wait for the other 2 parts!

OH...and congrats ib on the triple digit post! :)

Claudia Moser said...

WELL DONE Jenny :)

Oilfield Trash said...

This was hilarious.

Thisisme. said...

Cracking idea for a 100th post - brilliant. Both contributors really entered into the spirit and gave excellent answers!! Well done to all of you.

ib said...

Thanks mama. But it is I, that should be thanking you.

Jewels, thank you. They are witty, those two.

OT & Claudia, there is still seven more questions that need posted. They will be up Monday.

Thisisme, thank you. These two fine ladies have been pushing me along now for some time. I am happy that they both agreed to take part.

Bouncin' Barb said...

Mynx and Jenny....Awesome answers. This was a great read.

Bouncin' Barb said...

Mynx and Jenny....Awesome answers. This was a great read.

Diego Sousa said...

well done! great post

ib said...

Barb, I second your comment.

Diego, thanks. Happy you enjoyed it.

becca said...

congrats on the triple digits you rock and what a great post.

mynx and jenny gave awesome answers to your highly in depth questions can't wait to read more

ib said...

Becca, thank you. YOU rock.

Mynx said...

Hey everybody, so sorry i am a bit late, bloody time difference and a morning shift conspired against me commenting until now.
Congrats my darling man on hitting 100 posts. This was a fabulous fun way to celebrate and I am so honoured to have been included.
Cant wait to see what else Jenny has to say on the questions, you too. Must admit, you nearly killed a few brain cells of mine but, hey, I have been managing on only a handful for a while now.
Hugs and Thankyou again for the fun

Yvonne said...

I LOVED this! It was hysterical! And wait a minute, I happen to love glue! After it sets on your fingers it's dry and you peel it off. -I am easily entertained as you can see. :)

IWASNTBLOGGEDYESTERDAY said...

hehe heheh he great answers :) enjoyed !

Possum said...

Awesome 100th post!!
Come on now...it's already Monday here so we are ready to receive, read and laugh!
Well done Jenny & Mynx.

Carole said...

Both Jenny and Minx are smarty pants!

Pickleope said...

This was a great idea and your guests did a great job. I'll have to look into more of your posts!

George said...

I guess I'll have to come back for parts 2 & 3 now.

Odie Langley said...

Totally entertaining and so well done. can't wait for the 2nd installment.

ib said...

Mynx, thank you so much. You two took this and ran with, and did so perfectly. Thanks to you two. I did not do much in this.

Yvonne, thanks for stopping in. The glue was confiscated after these questions were administered. It is being used now by me, for personal reasons.

I Wasn't, thanks for stopping in. I'm glad that you enjoyed this little "brothel" of fun.

Possum, although I usually don't know what day it is, I couldn't post them back to back. People would begin to expect two daily postings and that is not going to happen. So, you see, why I cannot you a bone.

Carole, thanks for stopping by. And yes, Mynx and Jenny are smarty pants, indeed.

Pickle, thanks for swinging around and please, if you so choose, make yourself at home. I
George & Odie, I guess so. Thanks for stopping in. It was a blast.

Lolamouse said...

I feel so much more educated now!Thank you all so much!

Jumble Mash said...

OMG What a great idea!! Love this post. Off to read the second...

ib said...

Lola, thank you for hopping over and I am glad that you enjoyed it.

Tress, Go, NOW!!!

stacey said...

the first question is my fave...
nice!

stacey said...

congrats, and on this post as well, ...
first question is my fave