Thursday, June 09, 2011

(X) Stands For Excellence

A to Z Challenge Not Completed: V

X

Last night, the family and I packed into the Subaru and headed a click north to the movie theatre to peep "Kung-Fu Panda II", and I must say, it was some sweet mojo. As predicted, Po kicked some serious Kung-Fu arse and by the end of the movie, he was even badder than before. He did not use the Wushi Finger to whack the evil peacock. He did say "skadoosh", to my daughter and I's delight, as he dealt Chin with the fatal blow. I won't be that guy, and tell you all of the coolness packed into this ninety minute gem, but suffice to say that it was totally rock star and may very well have left the door open for a third movie. I must admit that even if I was not a daddy, I would have gone to see this movie. I happen to have a somewhat troubling crush on panda Po.
Awkward, huh? Well, it can only go downhill from here so I suggest that you jump ship before it is too late.
Some other upcoming movies of note are:

1. Puss N Boots - (From Shrek Fame) My favorite character from Shrek returns in his very own movie.

2. The Smurfs - Talk about troubling. As a child, I thought Smurfs were cool, but as I grew more wise and started to see "creepy potential" in things, my opinion changed. They began to weird me out. So, as any kid would do, I loaded up the pellet gun, lined them up shoulder to fuzzy blue shoulder, and whacked them all, one by stinking one. I starting with Smurfette and moved right on through the ranks, finishing with Papa Smurf. But, even after having been dispatched to the nether world, it looks as if those furry blue bastard will indeed, get the last laugh, as my daughter demanded that we see this movie.

While I am in the spirit of movie going, I found this little game at Becca's Everyday Life and decided to add my own soundtrack to the fray.


Here is how you play:

1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)

2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend your cool…

Opening Credits: Right As Rain - Adele
Okay, we are moving on.
Waking Up: Right Now - This Beautiful Republic
Fitting. Song is about taking hold of the moment. 
First Day At School: Fireworks - The Wedding
There would be an explosion of sorts, but I doubt that it 
would be a spectacle. More like a nervous break down. 
I am not all that into high school kids today. Savages, I tell you.
Falling In Love: The Boy's Gone - Jason Mraz
This has all sorts of potential but I cant stop laughing.
Fight Song: The Naming of Things - Andrew Bird
If this is my fight song, this movie would be infringing on "dud" status.
I know I lead a boring life for some, but does this have to be the case 
in dream movie land also?
Breaking Up: Old Man & Me - Hootie & The Blowfish
For the record, my dad and I's relationship is
one that is break up proof, in a completely
 (Platonic) kind of way.
Prom: To.Be.Determined. - Live
It was predetermined by my prom dates parents that I was
not going to liquored up and laid on said night.
Life: You Can't Handle This - 5 Iron Frenzy
Duh!
Mental Breakdown: Strawberry Swing - Coldplay
The song and the chapter are, in no way, married to
each other. So, no comment.
Driving: Cold War Transmissions - Anberlin
I do enjoy rocking out in my dub. Road rage is in these days.
Flashback: Fiction (I Stole Your Car) - Sunny Taylor Band (Local Artist)
I suppose that this is what happens when you break
up with her. Apparently, she wrecks your car to "even up" the tally.
Wedding: Love Found Me - December Radio
It did, indeed!!!!
Birth of Child: Suco De Tangerina - Beastie Boys
The only Spanish that I speak is "dos cervezas, por favor." 
Somebody, help a brother out.
Final Battle: Wenyukela - Ladysmith Black Mambazo
See above, replace Spanish with "isicathamiya and mbube."
Death Scene: Redemption Song - Bob Marley
This is no coincidence people.  
Funeral Song: The Flame - Black Keys
Nice. A bluesy song for a bad, bad day.
End Credit: Dirty Dance Hall - The Zutons
Perfect ending? Not even close. I don't "dance", unless it is 
in the form of S.Y.T.Y.C.D...........WORD

On that note, I'll leave you with song.
Mason Jennings - Southern Cross


Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

Drake Sigar said...

I’m calling it right now, The Smurfs is going to suck SO hard! Yet another cultural icon violently ripped from Europe’s arms and throw into the evil clutches of American cinema. That first shot where they step through a portal and gaze upon the splendor of New York (Apparently New York is the only city in the world) is going to be like a dick slap to the face of poor Belgium.

Jewels said...

I concur with Drake...SMURFS is gonna blow but I cannot wait to go all the same. I am going to be drinking my famous "Smurf" drink (I wrote a whole post about it). This drink is a whole bottle of everclear (grain alcohol), sprite, and 12 packets of blue Kool Aid. Yup...gonna be epic! hehe. I am of course not driving to said movie!

becca said...

i totally want to see this movie will have to go this weekend if possible.

loved that you played along with the game it was fun and you have some really great songs here.

Everyday Life

Arlee Bird said...

I saw someone else with this soundtrack thing. I did a soundtrack last year, but I just had to pick songs since I don't have an IPod or anything like that. My soundtrack was probably more appropriate done in that manner, but your style looks like a fun way to play.


Lee
Tossing It Out

Mynx said...

Totally going to have to do the soundtrack game.
Think it is fun.
Unlike the Smurf movie which I am planning on avoiding