Tuesday, June 28, 2011

To Hopper

Some days, the joys that we cherish in life do not seem to add up, when compared to the sorrow that we endure. And then I look at my daughter. I would die one thousand times over, if I was afforded a chance at look into those big, beautiful brown eyes, before every farewell. It is then, that I am reminded of why it is worth it.

It is beyond my comprehension, to know the meaning behind why we experience heartache. Yet, every time life throws a curve ball, I forget that this whole deal is bigger than I could ever imagine. 

Today, a good friend phoned to tell me some grim news. One of our running mates is not likely going to live through this day. He has terminal cancer. He has fought it every step of the way, and he has done so with a smile on his face. Not even cancer can take his joy away. He will be leaving behind a wife, a daughter and a son. And, through all of this, he told my wife that he was at peace with whatever happens. Our world will lose one of it's better pieces soon and I ask you all to please say a prayer for him and his family, as the coming days will, no doubt be difficult. If you care to listen, I will end in song.

"At My Funeral"

I'll let you borrow this one Hopper, Godspeed.




12 comments:

Gabi said...

I'm sorry for the pain cancer's causing you.
I'll be praying.
He sounds like he's a wonderful person.

Random Girl said...

So sorry to hear of your impending loss. It always seems that it is the best, most loving people that leave too much behind much too soon. Sounds like he is really an example of treasuring each day and knowing that he is leaving nothing undone.

ib said...

Thank you Gabi & Lisa. He will be missed here, but I will, no doubt, run with him again.

Haven said...

::hugs::

ib said...

Thank you Haven.

Liss said...

So sorry to hear the news. I'll be praying for him and everyone in his life.

ib said...

Liss, thank you.

Mynx said...

This has brought tears to my eyes. Sending hugs and wishes for peace and comfort for you and all those who will miss your friend.
Cancer is a hideous disease and takes too many good people too soon.
Be strong and remember the happy times.

Shanda said...

So sorry for your friend. This comment is accompained by a prayer for you, and all the family. God bless.

Suzanne said...

I'm so sorry about your friend.
I'll be thinking of his family and all of his dear friends.

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. To state the obvious cancer sucks and has taken far too many good people.

becca said...

so sorry for your sad news..hugs

Everyday Life