Wednesday, May 25, 2011

(Z) Stands For Zombie Apocalypse.


Completed: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, M, O, U, N, S, P, W, Z

Not Completed: L, Q, R, T, V, X, Y

Z
Lately, and by using the word, lately, I am referring to past five years, zombies have been popping up everywhere. They are on the big screen, the small screen, there are an endless array of blogs and books related to the "impending" Zombie take over. There are survival manuals, video games and even Rob Zombie's. Zombie's are, (like, so in) but never, did I imagine that the Center For Disease Control would mention zombie's when dealing with infectious disease. They even have a few buttons, like the one below, for people to include on their website.

If you're    ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency.    emergency.cdc.gov

Now, you will find that the C.D.C. is not actually warning the masses of a "zombie invasion", but instead, have cleverly used the phenomenon to lure the public onto their website in an attempt to educate us on the items that one should have in case of some sort of disaster, i.e. tornado's, earthquakes, etc. There are those that are absolutely certain that zombies are a real possibility but I for one, do not know whether or not it is a real possibility or nothing more than a pipe dream. Regardless, I can't say that I would be surprised either way.




8 comments:

Drake Sigar said...

Indeed, this craze sure came back with a vengeance. These self-annihilation fantasies will never go out of style!

Lance said...

I think it has to do with fearing the unknown. Zombies are a cheap easy tangible form of fear.

I think the real apocalypse will be the absence of care. Apathy is being a zombie on the inside.

ib said...

Drake, we as humans, do very much like to see our own destruction. Pretty sad.

Lance, well said.

"The penalty that good men pay for indifference to public affairs, is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

becca said...

i'm not much into the whole Zombie thing if i'm going to be attacked i rather it be by a vampire. Zombies are just creepy

Haven said...

I'm so thoroughly amused by the CDC using zombie promotionals. It's absolutely hysterical and absolutely brililant.

ib said...

Haven, it is humorous. I wonder if they are trying to tell us something without being noticeably blunt. :) If that were the case, I don't trust them. They forgot to include hedge trimmers and baseball bats as part of their "survival pack".

Pearson Report said...

Well, dear ib, if you need verification of the existence of Zombies - I'm living proof of one!

Lately, I've been drifting aimlessly about, flailing my arms in a mad attempt to take flight - but to no avail - I find myself spinning as if I was in a Disneyland Teacup just before taking an elevator ride in the Tower of Terror...which under normal circumstances would work out just fine.

So...I hope I have cleared up the mystery for you as to the existence of Zombies - yup - we're right here, hiding in plain view!

But...now that I have confessed my deep dark secrets, I will have to track you down and extract a pint of the good red stuff from you! (and FYI...me and Mynx-y like the reds)

Even though I have been very bad at posting (don't tell the others but I have singled you out as my new pet - can you hear me laughing my Zombie laugh) I have decided to add my deranged thoughts to your comments.

Why? Because I am so happy that you are doing such great justice to this A-Z challenge!

Oops, I think this is turning into a post - speaking of posts: my blog is on suicide watch because I have been so negligent, really it's pathetic to be quite honest - all my followers have dropped off the planet but the good news is that it's not just me that's been effected so I'll blame it on the Zombies!

Okay...that's it...too much? Do you think so? Hmm...what to cut?

Ah, the hell with it...I'm not even going to proof it and just press "Publish Your Comment" and see what happens!

Just let me know if I'm driving you to the reds! Of course that will just encourage me!

Cheers, Jenny

OH...before I forget THANKS FOR THE AWESOME AWARD - YOU ROCK DUDE! No, seriously, you really do rock! And...I got quite choked when I read about it too...it made my Zombie-like meltdown, that I've been going through, less intense!

Dafeenah said...

I never much got into the whole zombie obsession. It just seems so implausible. thanks for stopping by my blog!!