Wednesday, May 25, 2011

(W) Stands For A Phalange Named Wushi.

Completed: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, M, O, U, N, S, P, W
Not Completed: L, Q, R, T, V, X, Y, Z.

W

It's about time that I bring out my phalanges again, but before doing so, I wanted to preface this post by asking that regardless of your position on religion, faith, theism etc., that this post not be used as a springboard for a debate, and should be taken as a personal rambling about something that happens to get under my skin. I am aware that some of you do not believe in God and I respect you no less for that. 

Now, I must reiterate, I am a Christ follower. I (want) to be like Jesus and I wake every morning with that thought in mind, but I have not figured out (how) to get out of my own way. I sometimes feel as if I am an impossible project and have become broken beyond repair. There are so many things that I cannot understand and cannot, for the life of me, figure them out. One of those things is the human condition, which brings me to one, Harold Camping.
Mr. Camping, eighty nine year old curmudgeon, radio show host, author, Family Radio station owner and "prophet", predicted that The Rapture would take place on May 21, 2011 at 6:00 PM, and as it turns out, he was incorrect. (Not to my surprise) This type of reckless idiocracy is uncalled for. Not only does he continue making false claims, but in doing so, lives are being ruined because of them. Some of his listeners become so sure that he is right, that they quit their job and clean out there bank account to help spread the word. And, in turn, are left with no loot and big problems after they find out that he miscalculated.............again.


But, as for learning from your failures, Mr. Camping does not. He has now said that The Rapture will take place on October 21, 2011. As it turns out, he was a mere five months off in his calculations. If you ask me, I would say that his "end times calculator" is off of it's rocker and in turn, he should cease and desist. 


I try to not judge others, but in this case, I'll make an exception. Mr. Camping, you are ruining peoples lives with your errant prophetic ramblings. Please STOP. When, if ever, will it sink in that the "visions" or prophecies that you are seeing and/or hearing, are not from God The Father? I do not know who is giving you this information, but it would be in every one's best interest if you would keep it to yourself. Seriously dude!


Skadoosh


"For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God." 1 Corinthians 2:11

4 comments:

becca said...

great post and very well written bravo

ib said...

Thank You Becca. Pray all is well in your neck of the woods.

becca said...

all is good except we desperately need rain we are so dry right now

ib said...

You can have some of ours. We have been getting hammered for three days straight.