Sunday, May 22, 2011

(P) Stands For Pay It Forward.

P


My blogger buddy Becca at My Life is so kind. I woke up Saturday morning to find the award below. It is awesome when a peer makes mention of you, and I am blessed to have ran into her. There are times when I am somewhat surprised when I sign on to find that somebody else has decided to make a point to subscribe and/or comment on some level of consistency. And, I am happy to say that there are several bloggers that I look up to that have stuck around, even if my "pencil" lay dormant for a few days. So, thank you Becca.


Our fellow bloggers present us with a lot of opportunities for furthering our blogs, and gaining followers. Here is a way to Pay It Forward to them. When you have been bestowed with the honor of the Pay It Forward Award., insert this award at the top of a blogpost along with these rules, and find FIVE fellow bloggers to bestow it upon. Thank the person who awarded you, mention them in your post, along with a link to your favorite post on theirblog, and a short blurb about why you liked it. Next, comment on their blog to let them know you are bestowing the award on them, and that they should do the same. And remember: Good Bloggers Pay It Forward!

So Pay It Forward:

1. For the first recipient, I'll choose a young lady that I just found a few days ago. I'm always down for inspiration and she has, thus far, inspired me. Not only does she step forward with honesty, but she steps forward firmly, bound and determined to set a standard for her children to look to for how one should be, a beacon of light in such darkness. So, if anyone has a few minutes, please do drop in and say hello to Jessica @ At The Bottom of The Bottle. (Update. I started this post Saturday morning, only to find that Jessica had removed her blog after only posting twice.) I pray that she is well and if by chance, she rejoins us here, she will be welcomed back with an award.


2. Some of us choose to be Jedi and fight for what's right and well in this world, but there are some, that choose The Dark Side. Normally, a Jedi & a Sith are born as mortal enemies, but in this case, the two have found common ground to stand on and I am blessed to have had the privilege of meeting Haven @ Beyond The Boarderline Personality.


3. The coolest thing that I have found during my short blogging journey is that no matter what you think of yourself, someone somewhere will find a reason to cheer you on. I have found that person. Her name is Jenny (The Pearson Report). Although, I have wanted to pack it up on the A to Z challenge, I have not. And it is not because of a stubborn will and resolve to finish something that I started, but because of the constant support from my cheer leading squad. (Jenny, Becca & Mynx) They have found time to pay attention and in doing so, made it easier for me to see this through. Thank you ladies. It is more appreciated than you know.


4. In times that I need to laugh uncontrollably, I turn to LG's, LG Report. A self professed comment hooker that interviews with a purpose and one, that is not afraid to demoralize himself for the greater good, as I have been known to do and it was no mere coincidence that our path's have crossed, for I can smell my own. He's the kind of guy that will spend his entire life endangering a persons marriage during the bachelor party, just to turn around and NOT give his friends the chance to return the favor.  It is against the man code but we must push the envelope. 


5. Fifth and final recipient of "Pay It Forward" goes to none other than Drake Sigar @ Drakes Doomsday Corner. I can only think of one word that would sum Drake up, but, I am trying to keep this blog PG in nature. Drake has been there since the beginning, hounding my every post, poking fun at me at every turn and not including me in his "Super Alliance Cartoon......Thing", all because I did not comment as much as the others. W.T.F. I am a quiet contributor, dawg. I pipe down until he leaves his guard down, exposing the meaty goodness that hides under the shell. "Drake, here is an example of my generosity, now pay it back in the form of cartoonage...............bitch."


So, there are my five. If you are not privy to these wonderful bloggers, please privy yourself to them. 

11 comments:

Heather Reese said...

Here is Jessica's blog: http://www.atthebottomofeverybottle.blogspot.com/ I don't know what happened, but I can only find it through the link on my blogroll now. I am realyl good friends with her, and all is well. I'm not sure why exactly her blog isn't working right, but I will try and help her fix it as soon as I get ahold of her :)

Mynx said...

Congrats on the award. Always so much fun to receive and hand on. Excellent bloggers to pass it on to too

becca said...

you totally deserved this award glad i could pass it onto you. keep the pen writing. hugs

ib said...

Heather, thank you so much. I was hoping that she didn't throw in the towel. I like her honesty.

Mynx, thank you for hanging out. I pray that this finds you and yours well.

Becca, thank you (profusely) to be thought of amongst wonderful writers, it really hits the tenders. I appreciate you, Mynx and Jenny a great deal. Be well.

Lazarus said...

IB, sorry it took me so long to follow, I thought I had a while back. And thanks so much for the very kind shout out, The LG Report is humbled to be mentioned! I enjoy your unique take on life, keep up the great blogging!

Sandra said...

COngrats on your award. And yes, Becca is terrific, and really such a kind hearted person and blogger. Loved this post, such a nice tribute to her.

Jessica said...

Aww! Thank you very much, it is greatly appreciated! I am most definitely not done yet.. !! This is an ongoing learning process in which I have only just begun!

http://atthebottomofeverybottle.blogspot.com/

Drake Sigar said...

Oh thank god. When you said “there’s a little something for you at my place” I thought you were planning to rape me.

It may be some time before I release another cartoon. Got something else in the works which involves bloggers though.

Haven said...

Aw, thanks ib! You're the best.

Haha, now I have a really stupid questions. To "accept" this is a copy-paste sort of thing (not a click-here-to-accept)? Haha, I know so dumb, but I've never done these before.

hed said...

Grats on the award! Glad to see you are writing more again :)

hed

ib said...

Hed, where have you been, young lady? But thanks anyway. I am trying to force my way out of this funk.