Saturday, April 30, 2011

(H) Stands For Hobbitized.

So, my last few posts are kinda-sorta crappy lame. I get that. It's hard to produce quality posts regularly when you suffer from a motivational deficiency and in turn, have no real motivation to fix it. That being said, I am actually surprised that I have even began this post. How long does writers block last? How could I have prevented contracting it in the first place? Is it airborne? Is there some sort of vaccine or antivenin? A patch? A pill? A suppository?

Forget that last one. The (shear terror) of that mental picture is far beyond anything that you should ever have to experience. EVER. So, with no magic pill to cure my ills, I will have to do this the old fashioned way. I will have to think. (I just threw up in my mouth a little bit)

I have had a lot of time at work to do things like, not work, so I have been listening to music over the past few days, and since I am only on H, and everybody else is finished, I think I'll critique a few of my favorite albums. and since H is the eighth letter in the alphabet, the next eight posts will include a glimpse into my musical tastes, while staying with the A to Z theme. I will try to do share with you, my eight favorite albums. These eight albums have their own special place on my iTunes and as long as I have a back up MP3 disc, they will always have said special place.
1. No Code, Pearl Jam - No Code is by far and away, my favorite Pearl Jam album. I like them all (not including the live recordings) but this one is unique. I can remember P.J. fans raising hell when this album was released. It was nothing like Ten or Versus. Eddie had gone soft. Blah, blah, blah. Upon listening to this album for the first time, I thought that it sounded more "mature" than previous records. They seemed to have accessed a completely new creative avenue. They were all growed up. They no longer needed to play loud, all of the time, but they still could, if they wanted to. They prove this with the song "Lukin" but dial it back down immediately after with "Present Time". IMO, this well crafted album gets a bum wrap. Musically, it is less harsh on your ears than other efforts and that may be the reason why it was not received as well.

(The letter H and No Code have nothing in common. The H in this post is in the title. Cheap, you say? I say yes, yes it is.)

The new ad campaign for Apple/Mac

I know, that was harsh. Kind of like getting.............


 

7 comments:

bruce said...

dude-

that was genius...

way to pull of an AtoZcoup...
screw you! letter h...

and that final pic..brutal

AbsolutelyPrimed said...

Wow...that picture made even my big brass balls hurt! And I only use mine at work...

Mynx said...

Think this is one of my face posts of the whole a-z thingy.
That was supposed to be "fave" but I am on the iPad and it won't let me fix it unless I backspace and it is sunday and I am too lazy...of course backspacing would have been less typing than the explanation lol
And my captchas is "hetyphie" (he type high?) hehe

becca said...

OUCH!! to the picture and i'm a girl. great post the letters do get harder as you go along Z was a huge challenge for me

ib said...

Bruce, thanks man. By the way, how's things? Hope Tuck Monster is behaving himself.

AP, what do you that requires the use of brass balls? And why only at work?

Mynx, thank you my pretty. I am truly humbled.

Becca, see, for me it's every other letter, Z is going to be an easy one.

Pearson Report said...

I echo Bruce's comment - only I'm bold...
GENIUS (okay, just the letters are bold!)

That rocked - no musical pun intended.

Now, seriously...make your way, slow and steady, to the end...right to Z. (okay, bathroom breaks are allowed - but just this once!)

I'll be along for the ride!
Jenny

M Pax said...

The alphabet out of order is interesting. :)

I'm still wading thru the blogs signed up and will be until July most likely.