Monday, April 04, 2011

(B) Stands For Baudelaire

B.....stands for blogging bliss. I never imagined that I would be blogging for quite this long and/or that anyone would be interested in what I have/had to say but, here we find ourselves almost an entire year into it and it the monster is still breathing fire.


 Baudelaire, Charles

"Beauty"

I am as lovely as a dream in stone;
My breast on which each finds his death in turn
Inspires the poet with a love as lone
As everlasting clay, and as taciturn.
Swan white of heart, as sphinx no mortal knows,
My throne is in the Heaven's azure deep;
I hate all movement that disturbs my pose;
I smile not ever, neither do I weep.

Before my monumental attitudes
Taken from the proudest plastic arts,
My poets pray in austere studious moods,

For I, to fold enchantment round their hearts,
Have pools of light where beauty flames and dies,
The placid mirrors of my luminous eyes.

Charles Baudelaire
Baudelaire is one of my favorite poets. His writing was pure. He was brutally honest.

Be well.


2 comments:

becca said...

you always amazes me with your writing you are so good at it. another great post

AbsolutelyPrimed said...

Baudelaire is a fantastic name & an awesome 'B' word; if I had a reason to be jealous of you using this word today I would be.

but I don't

So I just love it