Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lucille

To be honest, I am somewhat shocked.
It seems that a few of you have taken a liking to the writings that I previously posted. You are all too kind. I bumped into them while looking for something totally unrelated. They were written back in the 90's, probably while partaking in one or two too many, Guinness drought and the subject, in both cases, was a lady that I was fond of that bolted to AZ for health reasons that required her to live in a warmer climate. And, as seems to be the case every time I disagree with something I deem as a life setback, the Good Lord gets me back on the road that I should have not strayed from, in the first place. He did that often when I was a strapping young lad of legal age. He has not had to chase me much as I have grown tired of the bar scene.

Here is my "Red" Entry to s30p prompt.

I was feeling down today. I pulled up to an empty table near the back of the room. A girl that answered to the name 'Lucille' was warming up her thing on the main stage. Her body glistened in midst of the low, dim light that burned from above. She changed me into all shades of blue. I could see her shining through the thick smoke that hovered lazily over the cats that sat, one to a table. Preoccupied, with their companion of choice. Whiskey on the rocks or a pitcher of dark Stout. It's funny, how much more clearly, a man can see his faults while looking through the bottom of an empty glass of booze, as he waits for the server to return with another.

It was trance-like in that worn down building. The outside was sagging as if it had heard every bit of sadness the bellowed out of it doors and windows. But the inside, no sir, the inside was alive. It's belly was on fire. Lucille.
Men come from all around to find some peace of mind while watching and listening to this little siren.
Lucille has a way of putting down the devil and changing your reds to blues, especially after the thrill is gone. All types stumble through the doors to this old bar. A man with only one shoe sat at the bar, while a trust fund baby with leaches, disguised as hummingbirds, locked around each arm, sat up front, for all to notice. All wanting to see what the fuss was about when it came to this, Lucille. She been known to break a man down in one strike of her pearl string. She was the queen to his King, dig?
"Nah Red", said a voice from the stage. "Get on your good foot and roll on outta here.
This here house is for the blues." Lucille starting to sing and the people became quite.

Laus Deo kiddo's
Thanks for stopping in.

14 comments:

hed said...

I love it!

I think with each post you are getting more and more complex with your writings. Does that make sense?

Anyway, it kicked ass :)

hed hed above water

becca said...

love this you are very talented

Haven said...

This is really wonderful. You can really feel the emotion put into it.

bruce said...

you had me at whiskey...

lucille is the great bb king's guitar...and we all play the blues at some point...

some people have called me red...

today it is all about you and your red, write, and blue!


rock on brother! great
bluesy post today!

ib said...

Hed, thank you. I did not think that was the best that I could have done but I am not very content when it comes to anything that I do.

Becca, you are too kind. Thank you.

Haven, thanks. It is easy to throw some blues in to the fray when you feel em'.

Red, thank you sir. You are a scholar. Be well brah!!!!!

Aimee said...

This simply sang. And could she have had a more enchanting name? Absolutely not. You are certainly a dancer with words, my friend.

Lance said...

I agree with Hed...you have a layered style. I have to read things like this twice to get all the good stuff.

Like the ending a lot. Way to go.

Jewels said...

Found you through Studio 30+. Wonderful post! I loved the feel of the whole piece! Like Bruce you had me at whiskey! :)

http://jewelsturning30.com/

http://naughtynothings.blogspot.com/

ib said...

Jewels, thank you. I am happy that you enjoyed it. I have seen you around. Following now. Hope you come back around sometime.

ib said...

Lance, again, thank you. I try to make a person think at least a little bit.

Aimee, thank you. I must say, post was about BB King's guitar, Lucille but the dancer thing was makes sense also.

BA said...

I love it. This can also apply to women. Many bottoms of bottles have I had the same thoughts.

Random Girl said...

I love the flow of this and how you put us right there in the haze.

ib said...

BA, thanks for stopping by. It was meant to be describing a BB King show but I can see how some read something about a dancer.

Randy, thank you darlin'. It hold's no water when compared to your brilliance.

stacey said...

you're a great writer!