Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Question To Half Ponder.

Today, Chief Dad over at Unsound Reasoning posted an interesting question and one that I felt needed a little more space than the comment box supplied, for me to answer. So, this is really a long comment, rather than a new post.

The question...............If you had a chance to sit down and converse with any two people from history, who would you choose?

1. The first person I would want to chat with would have to be Jesus Christ

There are far too many questions that I have yet to receive answers too, and I know many, if not all of them, will remain unanswered until my judgement. I would like to know what He sees when He directs His gaze onto the world today. Why did He suffer crucifixion for us, when knowing full well that the majority would not believe in His existence? Why certain things took place in my life that I would consider as negative? Who invented the game of golf, Himself or the devil? What was the point of Barney, the purple dinosaur? Why did He allow for the existence of  the University of Michigan? Will the Browns EVER win the Super Bowl? Will the Tribe ever win the World Series? Stuff like that. Some, are silly, while some our of the utmost importance to me.



2. Second is a little more difficult. Jim Morrison? Charles Baudelaire? Tchaikovsky? Lincoln? John The Baptist? The list is too long and I cannot make my mind up so I will pass on number two because it is causing my brain to overheat and I know that if I said I'd come back to it later, I would be lying. So, in an attempt to save you from unfulfilled anticipation, I will just move forward. It's all about you, dig?

Catch you on W.F.W.


Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

Chief aka Dad http://unsoundreasoning.blogspot.com said...

When I posted that question, I told Jumble Mash that I expected Jesus to be the number one answer...but I think you are they only one! If you run into him, will you ask why lawyers exist?

ib said...

Chief Dad, I do hope that those cards are not dealt to me in the next hand but I'll keep it in mind. I am sure that my answer is way different than His.

ChopperPapa said...

Saw your comment on My Blog Can Beat Up Yours, clearly Jesus is a choice pick for number one. But staying in the Christianity vein, I have to go with Saul of Tarsus (Apostle Paul) for #2. Not to get theological, but considering he is responsible for the vast majority of the New Testament and thus Christian doctrine I want to know how badly 2000 years has changed the lines he originally penned.

ib said...

Chopper, thanks for stopping in. I completely overlooked Saul. He would be on the short list. I would imagine that in the 2000 years since, very much has changed. Your comment is appreciated and one that I appreciate. Thank you.