Friday, March 04, 2011

Concrete

So, it's been a while since I've shook the cob webs off of the poetry lobe but after reading some of my junk from my "emo" days, I figured I would give it another run, and wouldn't ya know, S30P has started something that would allow for creative juices to once again flow.
This weeks prompt was this single word: Concrete

Well, here goes nothing !!!!!!

____________________________________________
Look on sad pyramids
made of water and sand
in which dwelt dead pharaohs
concretus prisons
fashioned by that of slaves hands
_____________________________________________
  I know but please contain your laughter until I have signed off, okay.

Later

11 comments:

AbsolutelyPrimed said...

Where is the rest? I want more...just in those few lines you have me wanting to know what else those pyramids have seen. It's not fair that you stopped...

ib said...

Sorry love, I'll post some of my other stuff too. They are complete.

bruce said...

see this is where the imagery a visual and concrete...

the phrasing and highlights are totally part of the poem...

i get it. and i love it. i have found this visual poem stuff to be very difficult cuz bloggerere in draft is f*d up...

good on ya ib!

awesomeness concretumness completumness!!!

Bruce
Bruce Johnson JADIP
Evil Twin
stupid stuff I see and hear
The Dreamodeling Guy
dreamodeling!
The Guy Book
The Guy Book

Drake Sigar said...

*Places thumb at a 90 degree angle in the air and slowly moves it into a thumbs up* It’s good. Let the Hobbit live!

ib said...

Bruce, thanks. I am gonna putting more stuff out there. I ran across an old spiral that has some poems and lyrics from way back.

Drake, you are too kind. The Hobbit will live on

becca said...

that was really good i liked it

ib said...

Thanks Becca. I found a bunch of my old stuff so tune in. I am going to post a few of them.

hed said...

Ooh me likey.

I enjoy short, simple poems that give you imagery as you read. Screw symbolism!

PS find me on S30P! We can be frenns!

hed hed above water

ib said...

Thanks Hed, and I will find you on 30. I like having frenns.

Krissy said...

Wow, I'm impressed. Although I know zilch about poetry, but that was still a compliment! I guess you WERE going crazy without me? :)

TalkativeTaurus.com

ib said...

Krissy, I would use crazy as a word to define my state. When my job is slow, it is really slooooooooooooooow. Glad to see your back.