Monday, February 14, 2011

Coincidence?

2 so the king asked me, "Why does your face look so sad when you are not ill? This can be nothing but sadness of heart." I was very much afraid, - Nehemiah 2:2

Lately, it has been a rough go. I would say with no hesitation that I am over-sensitive, as far as emotions are concerned. When I am enthralled in one of these funks, the old O.C.D. rears it's ugly mug and magnifies everything two fold. I try to remember things that I have learned over the past eight years in regards to refocusing on relevant goings on. Today has been a difficult one. The above scripture is one that I came across while trying to find one to pass on to a friend that is experiencing a great sadness and uncertainty, and I came across the passage above. I do find this to be no coincidence. So much so that I felt the need to make a quick mention of it.

I pray that this finds you well.
Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

Krissy said...

I'm sorry you are in a funk, my friend. I hope some of the other blog posts can help pick up your spirits as you were obviously trying to do for a friend when you came across that passage.

TalkativeTaurus.com

Chief aka Dad http://unsoundreasoning.blogspot.com said...

I was trying to come up with something inspirational or uplifting for you but the best I have is hang in there :-)

bruce said...

inspriation in words from the good book usually help.

hope it gets better...

i will add you to my prayers, bud!

Anonymous said...

Our road through life is often bumpy, but the smooth roads are the ones to cherish. And remember Who is always there for you, "Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid" Words of our Savior, John 14, v27

No matter the storm, when you are with God there is always a rainbow waiting"

ib said...

Krissy, Chief Dad & Bruce, thank you. If you all could, say a prayer for Average Girl. She is the one that needs prayers.

Anonymous, I tend to forget that bit of scripture when I am stuck in the void of my own messiness. I thank you for the refresher. I pray that this finds you well.

HavenNyx said...

I empathize all too well. It can be so hard to remember the positive affirmations that have helped so much before. Just take it one day at a time. You'll make it through.

Krissy said...

Already done when I saw her post yesterday, but I will gladly send more up for her. You are a good person, my friend.

ib said...

Haven, thank you for the well wishes.

Krissy, again, thank you. I appreciate your kindness and pray that this finds you well.