Monday, January 24, 2011

I Have A Funny, Atleast To Me

First things first. I am always a bit humbled when my peers pass an award my way. The fact that you all take time out of your day to read the the mental excrement that I output still baffles my brain. I started this think up thinking that maybe, I would amass a following of three or four family members that felt an obligation to at least give off the impression that somebody was interested. After a few weeks, the nostalgia would wear off and the idea would simply fade away. But, for whatever reason, twenty people have decided to check in regularly, comment and on a few rare occasions, deem it worthy of an award, like today. Tress over at JUMBLE MASH did just that. Check out this little beauty.

It seems that something I said struck a chord with Tress and she LOL'd. Hence, the award. Thank you Tress. You are the "Queen of Cool".

Along with accepting this award, I must complete the following tasks.
Task # 1. Link to the person who gave you this award. (In a post, or in your sidebar, wherever you have this) 
I did this above but I just can't help myself.

SHOW THE TURTLE SOME LOVE


Task # 2. Pass the award along to seven other people who post about at least slightly amusing things and tell them. (VIA email or by commenting on one of their posts)

Task # 3. Say seven things about yourself that no one knows. (Or at least you think no one knows.)
I am sure to regret admitting to some of these but at least someone may get a giggle out of it.
1. When my daughter is mad at me, she calls me "Poopy Daddy".
2. I have not always been this girthy.
3. I'm infatuated with ninjas.
4. I am a Cleveland Browns apologist.
5. My Father has referred to me as the "Oops Baby".
6. I turn into a little girl when I am in the presence of (ANY) type of snake.
7. When I was a toddler, my favorite article of clothing to wear, (oh Lord, I can't believe I going there) was my sisters yellow dress.
I WAS LIKE, FOUR, OKAY. IT WAS COMFORTABLE AND I DIDN'T HAVE TO DROP (TROW) WHEN GOING TO THE RESTROOM.

Task # 4. Pass these rules on.

And, on that note, I leave you with a few pictures that I found humorous while perusing the inter webs.
(And hopefully, it will aid in your forgetting that I ever admitted to "number 7".)


That's just dirty pool, man. Honk, Honk
 

The crap I put up with being a fan of the Browns.


I don't know why I find this funny, I just do.


This is me, with boobs. Note, I am not wearing a dress. I have moved past that stage.

Okay, so this one is not funny. But you have to admit, my little girl is adorable.


"If you have seen this man, please, do not approach him. Contact............."



Dude Underesti-Mated Boa's Aggressive Surgical Strike
Enhanced by Zemanta

15 comments:

bruce said...

dude! i am a lions appologist so i feel your pain!

and you are funny so deal with iT! :)

i love how little kids find other purposes for stuff like a table...

Bruce
bruce johnson jadip
evilbruce
stupid stuff i see and hear
Bruce’s guy book
the guy book
Dreamodel Guy
dreamodeling!

Jumble Mash said...

Well Poopy Dad...this post just confirmed that I made a good choice with the LOL award.

ib said...

Bruce, it is funny how tables become chairs and laundry baskets become cars. I wish I could be that young again.

Jumble, you rock. Thanks so much.

bruce said...

ib- yup..if i were tha young again i would beg my family to not move to michigan...thne i wouyld not be a lions fan!

good post as usual!

you know what else is good?

awards!

i gave you one! (JADIP BLOG)

Bruce
Bruce Johnson JADIP
Evil Twin
Bruce’s Evil Twin
The Dreamodeling Guy
dreamodeling!
The Guy Book
The Guy Book

Chief aka Dad http://unsoundreasoning.blogspot.com said...

Poopy Daddy....too funny...and you're right, your daughter is adorable...Beth must be hott :-) As a Raiders fan...I insist...we are the worst team! Shave and get on Match.com...in a yellow dress and I'll wink at you !!! And congrats and thanks for the award!.

Krissy said...

So you graduated to bikinis from dresses? Awesome! Love the pic of your daughter. Kids are so creative in the things they do, like playing with the boxes more than the items that come in them.

Thanks for the award! I love it!

And I agree with the Chief.. The Raiders are the worst. :) But then I've just enjoyed hating the Browns all these years.

AbsolutelyPrimed said...

Funny stuff as usual! You have some very nice...ummmm...boobage! Must admit I'm a tad jealous.

You're daughter is adorable...with her choice of daddy names and seating arrangements.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! for the award!! It's my first...you popped my cherry!!

ib said...

Chief, I feel your pain. Browns and Raiders have locked down the basement of their divisions for long enough. It looks like both, Raiders more so, are turning the page on sucking. You ar welcome, by the way.

Krissy, bikinis show off my girlish figure. Dresses are a thing of the past. Thank you for the kind words about my daughter. It should be noted, she was in her halloween costume. Picture was taken in May. I hope she turns out okay. :)

AP, don't be jealous of my milk bombs, in time, I will grow to loathe them. Thank you for your kind words concerning my daughter. Your welcome, award wise. As far as cherry popping, we should keep that on the DL, my wife reads this blog. :O (that's my O face)

Krissy said...

LMAO, ib!! I'm sure she'll be fine with a father who has that kind of sense of humor. :)

Tara said...

Thank you for the award! I'll write the post up about it tomorrow!

And your daughter is totally adorable!

ib said...

Krissy, i'm happy that you got a laugh out of it. Thank you for the nice comment concerning my daughter. She might just make it yet.

Tara, take your time sweets. We got nothin' but time. And thanks for the comment concerning my little girl. She has far exceeded daddy's cutes. Mommy still has a word in.

Sandra said...

Congrats on your award! It will make up for the fact that you are a "poopy daddy!" Yes, I am laughing. Out loud!

ib said...

Sandra, as long as I continue to make someone laugh at my expense, it matters not. The first time she called me that, I too was unable to contain my laughter.

becca said...

Hey hun you commented on my Frog poem i'm so sorry i didn't get the comment i'm still not sure i do as i'm not sure who Tommy Boy is but please feel free to say anything you want in the comment box even if i don't get it i love hearing from you so comment away.i love when people say what they are thinking and trust me wheni say me not getting it is most likely me having a blonde moment. keeping stopping by and i'll keep following you. thank you.

ib said...

Becca, Tommy Boy is a movie with David Spade and the late Chris Farley. That was just a one liner from the movie but took out "t-bone" and inserted frog. I probably am confusing you more but this won't be the first time. I'll be around.