Thursday, December 09, 2010

Like It Matters Now !!!!

I was checking my email last night and while I was sifting through the spam, a headline caught my eye. It seems that the state of Florida has pardoned the now deceased Jim Morrison of the Doors for questionable Indecent Exposure charges that were filed against him during a show in 1969. Now, forgive me if I am way off base, and I hardly think that I am, but does anyone reading this agree that it is a touch late to pardon Jim now? I mean, he passed away in a bath tub in 1971, and if my math is correct, that was 39 years ago. I am sure that Jim is extremely relieved, where ever he is now (albeit heaven, hell or somewhere in between). This makes me happy for only one reason and that being, I now have another reason to add to my ever growing list of why I hate the state of Florida. Some of you may be aware of my "opinion" for that wretched state but if you are new to my world, click the link above.

In memory of Jim, the following is my favorite written work of his that is showcased on the album American Prayer, which was completed after his death.


A Feast Of Friends, The Severed Garden

Wow, I'm sick of doubt. Live in the light of certain South, Cruel bindings.

The servants have the power. Dog-men & their mean women

Pulling poor blankets over our sailors
I'm sick of dour faces staring at me from the T.V. Tower

I want roses in My garden bower; dig?
Royal babies, rubies must now replace aborted strangers in the mud
These mutants, blood-meal for the plant that's plowed

They are waiting to take us into The Severed Garden
Do you know how pale & wanton thrillful comes death on a stranger hour
Unannounced, unplanned for, like a scaring over-friendly guest you've brought to bed

Death makes angels of us all & gives us wings where we had shoulders
Smooth as raven's claws

No more money, no more fancy dress, this other kingdom seems by far the best
Until its other jaw reveals incest & loose obedience to a vegetable law



I will not go
Prefer a feast of friends
To the Giant family

Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

Jumble Mash said...

Seriously?!?! Why? There is not part of that that makes sense to me.

ib said...

Yep. Every word is bonded to truth by our old buddy Yahoo. And what really eats my seat is that somehow, someway, somebody (tax payers) will end up eating the cost. Ain't America Grand!!!!!!!!

Jumble Mash said...

Ah, I just love it. I read in my local paper today that some dude was arrested for intent to sell drugs and it has costs us over $7,000 to keep him in jail and his bond is only $5,000. He just doesn't have anybody to bail him out. Like...what is the sense in that??? Little off subject? Sorry :)

ib said...

That's okay. I go off subject quite often. Thanks for stopping in and thanks for following. It makes it easier to keep up when someone else is paying attention. I really appreciate it.

bruce said...

thirty nine years after his death is stupidously ridonkulous...

but then it is the governmonster and they move slow except to vote themselves a raise..
Bruce
bruce johnson jadip
and
Evil Bruce
stupid stuff i see and hear

ib said...

Bruce, I could not agree with you more. Hindsite's a beeyaaaatch. Or is 20/20? By the way, thanks for coming over to my site. I appreciate the comments and the followage. I will look into your tabs and return the favor. Be well.