Friday, October 29, 2010

Mother Earth Is A Vicious Crowd

Ahh, back to work. That means that I have time to post once or twice before my rotation ends. My schedule is somewhat odd (8 days on/6 days off) but it has it's benefit. Here is just a few of the pro and cons of the workplace.

Benefits
1. I get a mini vacation every other week.

Non Benefits
1. I work 8 days straight.
2. 2nd shift. 3p to 1a.
3. Hard on daughter & wife.
4. My workload is almost completely dictated by the weather.
     a. If the weather is turbulent, a phone is surgically attached to my head so I am able to type while I talk.
     b. If the weather is calm, I have nothing but time. Ten hours of quiet time. Some would argue that this is a good thing, but I disagree. See, I am an obsessive thinker and I happen to have anxiety issues as well. There is a T.V. here, but I would rather not watch it. Most of the "popular" shows are not to my liking. If I was Hannibal Lecter, then I guess Criminal Minds and shows like it would be appealing, but that's not how I roll.
     c. If a holiday happens to fall on my swing, I work. Now, I do get double and a half time for holidays and it is nice to have the much needed boost monetarily, but I would rather be with family.

As it stands, the cons outweight the pros but big changes are on the way. I am not sure if that is going to be a good thing or a bad thing. Only time well tell. And besides, I wake up every morning, I am loved by many and the Counting Crows are still together. There isn't much to complain about there.

Speaking of the Counting Crows, click the link below if you happen to like their music. It is a live performance of "Colorblind" I found on YouTube. Adam Duritz is such an awesome song writer. And, he seems to have the ability to capture the moment. You will see what I mean if you watch the video.

2 comments:

Drake Sigar said...

I’m totally with you on those ‘popular shows’, seems like the channels are flooded with reality TV garbage. When oh when will this fad be over?

ib said...

Never. The answer is never. As humanity plunges further into the abyss, there will always be a large number of humans? that tune into reality programming. It is easier for some to enjoy watching the train wreck so long as loved ones are not involved.